Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Welcome

Welcome, to Wido Incognitus. I have decided that the long period of time between my most recent serious blogging, in the sense that I ever blogged seriously, and this is too long to justify returning to that old blog, so I have made this new one. I do not intend to put forth any deeply important insights about the world, but I do hope that writing this leads to better thinking and being, not only for me but for whoever reads it too.

This blog will be mostly about the big picture. I do not want it to be too personal because I do not think that is either interesting or productive, generally speaking. In fact, I would go so far as to say that one of the main challenges of our era is the replacement of the individuality of people living their lives in different ways among each other, with the identity of people pretending that they can select themselves and then talking (or blogging, facebooking, whatever) on and on about this new identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment